Evening Worship - Lord's Supper
Every third Sunday of the month
5:00pm – 6:30pm
Westminster Presbyterian Church View Map
Westminster Church believes the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. We worship the Triune God of the Bible, our Creator God and Savior Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Join us for our evening worshp service as we worship our Savior as we hear the Word read and preached, participate in the sacraments, and engage in prayer together.
Should I Take Communion Here?”
The Lord’s Supper is a visible sacrament given by our Lord Jesus Christ to His visible Church to commemorate His death until He comes. As Elders of this church – responsible to exercise “the keys of the kingdom” (Mt. 18:29) – we invite all who are confessing members in good standing in a Bible-believing church to join us at the Lord’s Table. At the same time, we must remember the Bible’s warning that we examine ourselves before we participate, lest we eat and drink judgment to ourselves (1 Cor. 11:27-29). Therefore, before you come to the Table of the Lord, please ask yourself the following questions of self-examination:
- Do you recognize your sin and, in true repentance, see your need for salvation?
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior in that you depend upon Him alone for salvation?
- Have you been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
- Do you, in gratitude for your salvation, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, rededicate yourself to God in a life of loving service?
- Since in the Lord’s Supper believers renew the covenant and have communion (fellowship) both with the Lord and with His Church (1 Cor. 10:16-17), are you now a confessing (communicant) member in good standing in a Bible-believing church?
If you can answer “yes” to these five questions of self-examination, we invite you in the name of Christ to come to His Table with confidence, celebrating and remembering Christ’s sacrifice on the cross for our salvation.
If you cannot answer “yes” to these five questions of self-examination, then it is the judgment of the Session that it would not be appropriate for you to participate in the Lord’s Supper at this time. We invite and encourage you in the name of Christ to take steps that will enable you to enjoy full fellowship with Christ and His people. To this end, please speak with the Pastor or one of the Elders.