Westminster Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Established in the early 1950’s through the church planting efforts of Edmund Clowney in Westchester, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago, the congregation remains a community of saints gathering to worship the one Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Westminster assembles for worship at 6871 Joliet Road, Lyonsville Congregational Church, at the crossroads of Wolf and Joliet. We are also conveniently accessed from further points at the interstate crossroads of 294 and 55.
We desire to be a “welcoming witness in our worship and walk as a growing Reformed church at the crossroads of southwestern Chicagoland.”
By this we mean to be a church that is empowered by the Holy Spirit (through the preaching of the Word, sacraments, and prayer in the context of the fellowship of the saints), living faithful and fruitful lives within the congregation and the communities in which we live.
We want to be a church that is intentionally being formed in worship, faith, and life by the living Word of God and wholeheartedly own the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms.
We want to be a church where the Spirit of God is growing disciples of Christ through the ordinary means of grace; where people testify to the grace of God in our lives, and where there is a commitment to planting churches.